- Botanical Name
- Anethum graveolens
- Annual, can be grown as a winter annual in Zones 9 to 11 or as a spring or fall crop in Zone 8
- 3 to 5 feet
- Mid to late summer: yellow
- Full sun
- Moist, well-drained
- Planting & Care
- Sow directly outdoors just before the last spring frost. If prolonged harvesting of foliage is desired, sow successive plantings every 2 weeks until early summer.
- Thin seedlings to 18 to 24 inches apart
- Plants benefit form consistent moisture. Do not let plants dry out.
- Protect plants from strong winds. Plants may need staking or other support.
- Remove flower heads before maturity to prevent re-seeding
- Dukat, Fernleaf and Bouquet
May 12, 2021
Top Plants for Rain Gardens, Water Gardens & Shoreline Gardens
+ Those to Avoid
May 13, 2021
Planting Your Rain Garden
May 16, 2021
Perennials for Challenging
May 21-23, 2021
NARI Milwaukee Spring Home Improvement Show
June 3, 2021
Creative Container Gardening
June 9, 2021
Sustainable Lawn & Landscape Care
Register today! Plus, watch Melinda's past webinars ON DEMAND
for a limited time.