- Botanical Name
- Anethum graveolens
- Annual, can be grown as a winter annual in Zones 9 to 11 or as a spring or fall crop in Zone 8
- 3 to 5 feet
- Mid to late summer: yellow
- Full sun
- Moist, well-drained
- Planting & Care
- Sow directly outdoors just before the last spring frost. If prolonged harvesting of foliage is desired, sow successive plantings every 2 weeks until early summer.
- Thin seedlings to 18 to 24 inches apart
- Plants benefit form consistent moisture. Do not let plants dry out.
- Protect plants from strong winds. Plants may need staking or other support.
- Remove flower heads before maturity to prevent re-seeding
- Dukat, Fernleaf and Bouquet
Upcoming Webinars & Appearances
Feb. 4, 2023
WCBA's Home Building &
West Bend, WI
Feb. 10-12, 2023
Garden & Landscape EXPO
June 3 – 11, 2023
“Castles & Gardens” Adventure in Ireland with Melinda Myers
Includes the Bloom Festival in Dublin!
CLICK HERE for more information on Melinda's 2022 Wisconsin State Fair presentations on
Affordable Food Gardening
CLICK HERE for pollinator gardening webinars, videos & DIY projects
Watch Melinda's past webinars ON DEMAND