- Botanical Name
- Cosmos sulphureus
- Half hardy annual
- 12 to 72 inches
- 12 to 24 inches
- Summer till frost: yellow, orange, red
- Full sun
- Planting & Care
- Space plants 12 inches apart
- Avoid over fertilizing - it results in floppy plants with no blooms
- Aphids, bacterial wilt, aster yellows, Japanese beetles
- Cosmic Orange - 2" flowers, 12" tall, AAS
- Diablo - semi double orange flowers, AAS winner 1974, 18-30"
- Ladybird Series - 12" semi double flowers
- Sunny Red - 1987 AAS winner, flowers red with yellow, 12"
February 22 , 2020
Michiana Master Gardeners'
Feb. 25, 2020
SC Johnson's Golden Rondelle Theater
Feb. 27-March 1, 2020
Fort Wayne Home & Garden Show
Fort Wayne, IN