- Botanical Name
- Cosmos sulphureus
- Half hardy annual
- 12 to 72 inches
- 12 to 24 inches
- Summer till frost: yellow, orange, red
- Full sun
- Planting & Care
- Space plants 12 inches apart
- Avoid over fertilizing - it results in floppy plants with no blooms
- Aphids, bacterial wilt, aster yellows, Japanese beetles
- Cosmic Orange - 2" flowers, 12" tall, AAS
- Diablo - semi double orange flowers, AAS winner 1974, 18-30"
- Ladybird Series - 12" semi double flowers
- Sunny Red - 1987 AAS winner, flowers red with yellow, 12"
Jan. 20, 2021
Growing Herbs Indoors
Jan. 27, 2021
Low Maintenance Houseplants
for Low Light Situations
Feb. 3, 2021
Organic Control for
Plus, you can watch Melinda's past webinars on demand for a limited time.