Betty Corning Clematis
- Botanical Name
- Clematis 'Betty Corning'
- Zones 4 to 9
- 5 to 6 feet
- 2 to 4 feet
- Summer to fall: light blue, bell shaped
- Feathery, ball-shaped structure, showy
- Full sun to part shade
- Moist, well-drained, cool
- Planting & Care
- Grow clematis with their face in the sun and feet in the shade for best results
- Prune summer and fall blooming clematis, if needed, during the dormant season. I prefer to wait until late winter so I can enjoy the winter interest and for increased winter hardiness.
- Early spring bloomers flower on the previous years growth and should be pruned, if needed, after flowering
- This vine attaches by twining petioles
- Stem rot and wilt can be fatal.
Upcoming Webinars & Appearances
Feb. 4, 2023
WCBA's Home Building &
West Bend, WI
Feb. 10-12, 2023
Garden & Landscape EXPO
June 3 – 11, 2023
“Castles & Gardens” Adventure in Ireland with Melinda Myers
Includes the Bloom Festival in Dublin!
CLICK HERE for more information on Melinda's 2022 Wisconsin State Fair presentations on
Affordable Food Gardening
CLICK HERE for pollinator gardening webinars, videos & DIY projects
Watch Melinda's past webinars ON DEMAND