- Botanical Name
- Thuja occidentalis
- Zones 3 to 7
- 3 to 40 feet
- 4 to 10 feet
- Light brown scaly cones, 1/2"
- Full sun to light shade
- Moist, well-drained
- Planting & Care
- Transplants easily as balled and burlap or container
- Heat and drought tolerant once established
- Deer, snow load, bagworm
- Techny - broad based, 10-15', good color year round, slow growing, best for North
- Nigra - pyramidal with dark green foliage, 20-30'x4-5'
- Emerald - narrow pyramid, heat and cold tolerance, good color, 10-15'x3-4'
- Woodwardii - globe, 8x18'
- Little Gem - compact globe, 3x5'
Upcoming Webinars & Appearances
Feb. 4, 2023
WCBA's Home Building &
West Bend, WI
Feb. 10-12, 2023
Garden & Landscape EXPO
June 3 – 11, 2023
“Castles & Gardens” Adventure in Ireland with Melinda Myers
Includes the Bloom Festival in Dublin!
CLICK HERE for more information on Melinda's 2022 Wisconsin State Fair presentations on
Affordable Food Gardening
CLICK HERE for pollinator gardening webinars, videos & DIY projects
Watch Melinda's past webinars ON DEMAND