- Botanical Name
- Thuja occidentalis
- Zones 3 to 7
- 3 to 40 feet
- 4 to 10 feet
- Light brown scaly cones, 1/2"
- Full sun to light shade
- Moist, well-drained
- Planting & Care
- Transplants easily as balled and burlap or container
- Heat and drought tolerant once established
- Deer, snow load, bagworm
- Techny - broad based, 10-15', good color year round, slow growing, best for North
- Nigra - pyramidal with dark green foliage, 20-30'x4-5'
- Emerald - narrow pyramid, heat and cold tolerance, good color, 10-15'x3-4'
- Woodwardii - globe, 8x18'
- Little Gem - compact globe, 3x5'
May 12, 2021
Top Plants for Rain Gardens, Water Gardens & Shoreline Gardens
+ Those to Avoid
May 13, 2021
Planting Your Rain Garden
May 16, 2021
Perennials for Challenging
May 21-23, 2021
NARI Milwaukee Spring Home Improvement Show
June 3, 2021
Creative Container Gardening
June 9, 2021
Sustainable Lawn & Landscape Care
Register today! Plus, watch Melinda's past webinars ON DEMAND
for a limited time.