- Botanical Name
- Zones 4 to 8
- 4 to 6 feet
- 2 feet plus
- Tiny purplish-pink
- Green, maturing to purple or yellow
- Full sun to partial shade
- Moist, well-drained
- Planting & Care
- Gooseberries are still banned in come communities. Check before planting.
- Grow in a cool location with good air circulation to reduce disease problems
- Properly space and plant on a trellis to reduce disease problems
- Powdery mildew, anthracnose, leaf spot, aphids, borers, stem girdlers
- American gooseberries are smaller but more resistant to mildew than the European types. European types produce larger and better tasting fruit.
- Pixwell Gooseberry (Ribes hirtellum 'Pixwell') - Zones 3-8, fast grower up to 5'
July 15, 2020
Lake Country Virtual Art & Garden Tour
Online via Facebook Live
July 22, 2020
Food Gardening for Everyone Webinar
July 29, 2020
Rain Garden Webinar