- Botanical Name
- Cynara scolymus
- Zones 6 to 9, annual elsewhere
- 3 to 6 feet
- 2 to 4 feet
- Mid fall: violet (thistle-like)
- Full sun
- Moist, well-drained, fertile
- Planting & Care
- Plant root divisions after last frost, space 2 to 3 feet apart in rows 21/2 to 3 feet apart.
- Cut back and provide winter protection.
- Divide every 3 years.
- Plants usually don't flower their first year.
- Violetto - purple variety
- Imperial Star - 3' tall
- Grande Buerre - up to 9' tall
October 19 & 20
Home & Remodeling Show
West Allis, WI
The Clearing Folk School - Door County
Ellison Bay, WI
The Conservancy for Healing & Heritage