- Botanical Name
- Zones 3 to 8
- 3 feet (mini-dwarf) to 30 feet (standard)
- 2 feet (columnar) to 25 feet (standard)
- White and pink
- Red, green or yellow pome; greater than 2 inches in diameter
- Full sun
- Moist, well-drained
- Planting & Care
- You will need two different apple trees for pollination and fruit set.
- Plant two if there are no crabapples or other species nearby. Select a tree on a dwarf rootstock for smaller size and is easier to manage and for earlier production
- Scab, fireblight, apple maggot, codling moth, tent caterpillar
- Look for the most disease resistant cultivars available in your area.
- Anna, Dorsett Golden and Tropic Sweet are low chill apples for milder regions.
Upcoming Webinars & Appearances
Feb. 4, 2023
WCBA's Home Building &
West Bend, WI
Feb. 10-12, 2023
Garden & Landscape EXPO
June 3 – 11, 2023
“Castles & Gardens” Adventure in Ireland with Melinda Myers
Includes the Bloom Festival in Dublin!
CLICK HERE for more information on Melinda's 2022 Wisconsin State Fair presentations on
Affordable Food Gardening
CLICK HERE for pollinator gardening webinars, videos & DIY projects
Watch Melinda's past webinars ON DEMAND