- Botanical Name
- Digitalis purpurea
- Zones 4 to 9
- 2 to 6 feet
- 1 to 2 feet
- Summer: purple, pink, white, salmon, yellow
- Partial shade
- Moist, well-drained
- Planting & Care
- Digitalis purpurea is a biennial and will reseed itself, therefore remaining in the garden like Hollyhocks
- Powdery mildew, leaf spot, root and stem rots, aphids, Japanese beetle, mealy bug
- Excelsior Hybrids - flowers are borne around the spike, rather than on one side, 3-5'
- Foxy - flowers the first summer, can be used as an annual, 30-40"
- Apricot - 4-5', pastel peach flowers with purple spotting
February 22 , 2020
Michiana Master Gardeners'
Feb. 25, 2020
SC Johnson's Golden Rondelle Theater
Feb. 27-March 1, 2020
Fort Wayne Home & Garden Show
Fort Wayne, IN