- Botanical Name
- Gaillardia x grandiflora
- Zones 3 to 10
- 2 to 3 feet
- 2 feet
- Summer: yellow, burgundy, orange, red
- Full sun
- Loose, moist, well-drained
- Planting & Care
- Blanket flower is a short-lived perennial, especially in heavy clay soils
- Remove spent flowers to encourage more blooms
- Goldfinches enjoy the seeds of this continual bloomer
- None serious
- Burgundy - wine red flowers, 24-30"
- Sun God - yellow flowers, 24-30"
- Dazzler - golden-yellow flowers with maroon centers
- Arizona Apricot - yellow petals with deep apricot center, long blooming, AAS Winner
- Mesa Yellow - sturdy mounds of bright yellow 3" flowers, AAS Winner
- Arizona Sun - red and yellow flowers, mounds up to 12", AAS Winner
- Heat it Up® Scarlet - orange flowers tipped with yellow, up to 24 x 36" mounds
- Gailliardia aristata 'Arizona Red Shades' - burgundy flowers, 12 x 18"
Jan. 27, 2021
Low Maintenance Houseplants
for Low Light Situations
Feb. 3, 2021
Organic Control for
Feb. 10, 2021
Getting Started Growing
Vegetable & Flower Gardens
Feb. 17, 2021
Growing Nutritious &
Flavorful Vegetables Indoors
Plus, you can watch Melinda's past webinars on demand for a limited time.