- Botanical Name
- Iris hybrids - formerly Iris germanica
- Zones 3 to 10
- 4 inches to 4 feet tall
- 12 to 24 inches
- Late spring to early summer: wide range of colors, three inner upright segments are standards, 3 outer segments are falls
- Full sun
- Moist, well-drained
- Planting & Care
- Space 6-24 inches apart, plant singly or in groups of three
- Iris borer, bacterial soft rot, fungal leaf spot
- Miniature Dwarf - earliest, small flower, 4-10"
- Standard Dwarf Bearded - blooms 7-10 days later, 10-15"
- Intermediate - blooms next, 15-28"
- Tall Bearded - over 28", last to bloom
- Remontant - repeat blooms in fall
Oct. 27-29, 2020
Home Sweet Home
Oct. 28, 2020
Why Won't My Hydrangea Bloom
& Other Issues
Watch past webinars on demand.