- Botanical Name
- Iris hybrids - formerly Iris germanica
- Zones 3 to 10
- 4 inches to 4 feet tall
- 12 to 24 inches
- Late spring to early summer: wide range of colors, three inner upright segments are standards, 3 outer segments are falls
- Full sun
- Moist, well-drained
- Planting & Care
- Space 6-24 inches apart, plant singly or in groups of three
- Iris borer, bacterial soft rot, fungal leaf spot
- Miniature Dwarf - earliest, small flower, 4-10"
- Standard Dwarf Bearded - blooms 7-10 days later, 10-15"
- Intermediate - blooms next, 15-28"
- Tall Bearded - over 28", last to bloom
- Remontant - repeat blooms in fall
Upcoming Webinars & Appearances
Feb. 4, 2023
WCBA's Home Building &
West Bend, WI
Feb. 10-12, 2023
Garden & Landscape EXPO
June 3 – 11, 2023
“Castles & Gardens” Adventure in Ireland with Melinda Myers
Includes the Bloom Festival in Dublin!
CLICK HERE for more information on Melinda's 2022 Wisconsin State Fair presentations on
Affordable Food Gardening
CLICK HERE for pollinator gardening webinars, videos & DIY projects
Watch Melinda's past webinars ON DEMAND