2022 Midwest Gardener's Handbook
If you live in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota or South Dakota, the environmentally sound growing info for both edible and ornamental plants found here is your green thumb map to success:
- Profiles of more than 250 plants proven to thrive in the Midwest’s climate, including shrubs, perennials, annuals, vegetables, fruits, herbs, vines, and more, help you select the best plants to create a beautiful landscape or a high-yielding edible garden.
- Helpful information highlights sun and shade requirements and offers clear and concise plant variety information.
- Month-by-month care and cultivation guides are offered for each plant group, guiding your journey—even if you’re a first-time Midwestern gardener.
- Author Melinda Myers addresses the many challenges of growing in the Midwest, including a changing climate and unique soil and pest troubles.
- The how-to methods for planting, pruning, watering, fertilizing, and much more are rich with information essential to those in the region.
Upcoming Webinars & Appearances
Feb. 4, 2023
WCBA's Home Building &
West Bend, Wisconsin
Feb. 8, 2023
Indoor Container Garden Design & Display Ideas
Feb. 10-12, 2023
Garden & Landscape EXPO
Feb. 15, 2023
10 Tips for Growing Better Dahlias!
Feb. 17-19, 2023
NARI Milwaukee Spring Home Improvement Show
West Allis, Wisconsin
Feb. 22, 2023
Grow Beautiful Water Gardens
Watch Melinda's past webinars ON DEMAND