• slide
  • slide
  • slide
  • slide
  • slide
  • slide

Professional Help with Lawn Problems

We have been having a problem with our front lawn; the grass is just dying with big brown patches all over. Who can we call to come out and look at it and give us a "professional" answer as to what the problem is?

Start by contacting your local County Extension office. They are listed in the government section of your phone book. Look under your county government section for Extension, Cooperative Extension or University Extension. Or visit the United States Department of Agriculture website www.csrees.usda.gov to find your local Extension Service. Some counties provide plant diagnostics services and most sell the Extension publications on gardening and landscape care. If they don't have the resources to diagnose the problem the written information will arm you with some basic information before contacting a lawn care professional. Check the yellow pages listings in lawn maintenance. Select a company with trained and knowledgeable staff, one that belongs to professional organizations and has good references. Ask if any of their employees are Certified Landscape Technicians. This national voluntary program certifies a certain level of knowledge and skill in the landscape maintenance profession.


Upcoming Appearances

October 19 & 20
NARI Milwaukee
Home & Remodeling Show

West Allis, WI

October 24
The Clearing Folk School - Door County
Ellison Bay, WI

November 9
The Conservancy for Healing & Heritage
Franklin, WI

Learn More

Book an Appearance

Learn More

Win Melinda's Your Best Garden and Landscape DVD Set!